Shipping Heavy Speakers: Freight of FedEx

Considering a shipment of speakers from Sacramento to Phoenix. Each speaker weighs ~ 100 lbs and packed in original box, original packing material. Boxes and materials in good shape.

Went to UShip.com for a freight quote and the rate is the same as FedEx Ground ~$200.

What method of shipping would you choose?
stevensctt
Strap both cartons securely on a pallet wrap the whole thing with shrink wrap and ship them via motor freight. Cost is about the same as fedex and ups only difference is that they will arrive in good shape,

www.saturnfreight.com is who we use, from their site you can find your closest local office.

Best of luck

Peter
I would do exactly what Peter suggests. I worked the dock for a time at UPS. It's just not a good environment (FedEx would be the same) for sensitive electronics or speakers. If it's up to me I would always have my equipment shipped by pallet.

Cheers,

Scott
And add something small on top so that nothing else can be set or stacked on top of the load .
I had my speakers shipped "on the pallet" but they arrived damaged without a pallet. I would do what Peter suggested - wrap/strap them together making package to heavy to move without a pallet.