Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

@vair68robert The loose wire was on the crossover board, we redid a nice and clean solder under the board and the bass drive now finally works properly.

Unfortunately it didn't fixe my sizzling tweeter problem so i decided to change both Coaxes, Rob told me sizzling usually comes from the tweeter.

When Thiel shut down they were manufacturing the newer black Coax version, they stopped making the original metal ones so Rob only has the black ones in stock if any of you needs some.

I think what i'll do onces both Coaxes are changed, i'll send him the failing one for repair.

Hi guys, I've ordered 2 new Coaxes for my 3.7s from Rob hope to get them by next week.

It's a shame the new ones are black on the outside, hope they are just as good as the original ones?

I think they are better because they do not need the capacitor (or whatever it is called) to be added to the COAX's connector. The newer Black drivers did not need this work around. The old and the new driver sounded the same to me.

The early 3.7 coax had variable tweeter amplitude which required individual trimming resistors. The problem was solved and the ‘late’ drivers were painted black to differentiate between n inventory. Blacks are indeed identical to ‘correct’ chrome rings. 

Well that’s it guys my 3.7s are like new, we mounted the new black Coaxes.

I feel they do sound much better than the original chrome ones.

The level of clarity is insane with the black ones just as if my 3.7s were upgraded.

Really worth it guys.