Phantom Supreme to 4Point-14?

I'm considering it. Who's done it and what did you think? Members who've heard a head-to-head comparison are also welcome to chime in.

The turntable is an SP10R in Artisan Fidelity plinth. Cartridges at this point are an mainlyan A90 and Benz Ebony TR, but I'm planning for a MSL Gold or Platinum sometime down the road.

Thanks.

wrm57

Wrm, having visited a branch of Hifido during a recent visit to Tokyo, I’m wondering how they ever do business. Anything of real interest in that shop was marked as being under negotiation, therefore not for sale. How long can it take to “negotiate “? Same goes for their website.

Dear @nandric : What Ikeda-san " said " it does not matters about the Technics EPA 100 tonearms and it’s only his own ignorance about.

EPA 100 works really fine with any kind of cartridges including LOMC ones. I owned all Technics top vintage tonearms models where in all them Technics gaves as an additional choice a second heavier counterweigth. Even I still own one of its models.

So, Technics knew exactly how theirs designs " runs " and certainly not you or the Redd one or Ikeda can´’t go against Technics designs where everything was CALCULATED by its experts engineers.

Who are you against Technics? when its tonearms are just superb with any cartridge.

R.

Dear Raul, I owned both EPA 100 and speak from my own experience. They

are not suitable for MC carts. To put it otherwise ruby or sapphire bearings can't 

support the needed counter weights. In this context I mentioned Ikeda-san .

I hope Albertporter will explain Breur bearings. My guess is that the bearings he used explain why he refused to provide his customers with extre weights. Very Interesting to know that you are more knowledgaable  than Ikeda san. 

In that EPA 100 regards yes I'm. If you have trouble with the EPA 100 could be that your tonerarms been not in good operation condition due that are vintage ones.

Anyway, enjoy the MUSIC.

R.

@lewm , that would explain why the Mk2 I saw seemed like it was born to HiFiDo on hold. Last week I saw nice one on the Yahoo Japan auction site, complete in the box. Buyee, the bidding proxy for foreigners, would not allow me to bid more than 300,000 yen despite my advance request for a limit increase. It went for 340,000. Foiled again!