AMR CD-77 anyone tried rolling the tubes?

I was wondering if anyone has tried rolling the tubes in this player. If so, what was the result and what tubes did you try? Bob
128x128baranyi
My system is now updated. I've done a lot since the last system listing in 2004 and I simply forgot to keep it current. Thanks for the heads-up!
Nice job Jason! I'm sure you understand that your conclusions for tube selection are system dependent (especially including PC's, IC's and SC's in that order in my experience). While you did a thorough job, there are some EZ80's that may be in the running for best at that position (one can be labelled almost anything but has a square getter and vertical holes along the outside of the plates, another Has very unusual plates that are at right angles). In the very rare category, there are the famous 6201 triple mica (usually labeled Valvo with blue print) sqaure getter. I can't find mine right now but I think they are pinched waist. There are also the GEC A2900 (12AT7 type triple mica is much better than the double mica). I am only telling you this because you may be as crazy as me and seek these rarities out. I am not using any 12AT7's in my system right now but these are considered the cream of the crop and are very expensive when you can find them. The only tubes I consider inferior are the ones that are fuzzy sounding as you put it. Others that are clear but are not a perfect match in your system will be the perfect tube in a different system. I have never heard a Westinghouse tube that was suitable for audio
and never heard a GE that wasn't bettered by Raytheon or Sylvania in any tube family (I'm not saying it isn't possible and in your case you found one that was in your system). Just food for thought from a tube rolling maniac.
Now, the reason I wrote is that I would like to know what other CD players or transport/DAC combos you have used that the AMR bettered? I'm just trying to gage where it stands in the pecking order. Thanks.

Bart
Interesting...my CD77 has Brimar EZ80 and GE 5687 as standard with Mullard ECC81