Looking for good bookshelf speakers less than $1k

I spend a LOT of time at my desk and want to upgrade my speakers, new or used would be ok.

My system is Jriver/Flac > Schiit Uber Bitfrost > NAD c356bee > B&W 601s2, and utilizing a Velodyne Impact 10 sub to supplement the bass.

Desk is 4'x5' and will be up against a wall in the family room. The speakers should work well on a desk really close to the wall. (the Revel M20 flush mount switch and high frequency control sounds like a good idea).

They probably should not be rear ported since they are so close to the wall?? And since they are so nearfield they should sound good with low volume, and I usually listen at lower volume anyway, but I like to crank it once in a while. I like a bit of a warm sound, however the B&W 601s2's are a little too warm and not much detail or bass slam.

I listen to a large variety of music with a huge interest in The Blues. Also listen to Jazz, Rock, anything acoustic, Indie, Alternative, Folk, Classical, Avantgarde.

My main system doesn't get used much since I'm at my desk most of the time. It's in a dedicated audio room. (Sony SACD 777ES > First Sound Presence Deluxe Mk II > Plinius SA100 MkIII > Von Schweikert Audio VR4->VR5).

TIA for any suggestions.
128x128audionut22
I have similar reqs. Adam F7 turned out terrific for me with no sub. Front ported. Active so no power amp reqd.
Totem Dreamcatcher is best low volume speaker I ever heard
and can boggie as well.
Adams would be a great solution I've heard them in a friends nearfield set up and they were excellent.
I'm not sure if I want actives or not, but I will keep the Adams and the like on my list.

Unfortunately I am unable to audition anything due to living about a 10 hour drive to a larger metropolitan area and have always been somewhat envious of others who live where they could just drive across town to listen to whatever they wanted to.

Having said that, I have not heard any of the speakers I have considered, and only mention these due to comments and reviews I have read that seem to jump out at me. Used speakers are the way I will probably go.

Dynaudio Focus 140
PSB Platinum M2, Imagine B, Synchrony Two B
Revel M20
Usher X 718
Harbeth P3 ESR
Ref 3A De Capos, dulcets
Sonus Faber Concertos
Joseph Audio RM7xl
PSB Imagine B
Spendor SA1, Spendor S3/5R2
Totem Model 1
ATC SCM
Rega RS1

Any help would be very much appreciated to narrow this list down, or suggest something else that may work. I have been away from speakers for a while with a headphone addiction and if it would help to clarify my preferred sound signature, the headphones I really enjoy are the LCD 2.2, Sennheiser HD650 and AKG 712.

Thanks.
You can take the Harbeths off your list,they go for about
$1500 used. I have owned the Spendor SA1 ,Harbeth P3ESR and
Spendor 3/5R. If you are looking for warm sound the Spendor
3/5 (original)would go for under $700. I am not familiar with
the others on your list. Happy hunting!