Which Hegel Amp with LRS+

Hi there. I am updating my system for watching TV, movies and other video content. I am taking the opportunity of moving away from an AV receiver and my 18  year old Acoustic Energy system. Replacing it will be a LRS+ (which I have already purchased) and a Hegel amplifier. The question is which Hegel amplifier?

I understand from comments by others that the H95 runs very hot when driving the LRS+. The H190 seems up to the job, but then again there is the H390 which can handle the power requirements of the LRS+ in its stride. As it is quite a jump (price wise) between the H190 and the H390, I am wondering whether it would be worth spending the extra money for the H390? 🤔

Can I check with those that have a pair of LRS speakers and Hegel amplifiers as to your experience, and which Hegel amplifier that you would recommend and the rationale for the same? 

FYI apart from watching video content, I will be connecting the Hegel to my Roon Nucleus as well. 

Thanks in advance for your input. 

128x128dcpillai

When I had my 200-watt Peachtree GAN1 unit on the LRS+, I thought it was excellent and a super bargain system. In the last couple of days using the 150-watt CODA #16 on the LRS+ sounds like a totally different speaker, way more bass.

I even put my RAAL SR1a and CA-1a phones on the CODA last night and I have never heard that much bass and detail from those phones. Moreso, than the amazing RAAL VM-1a headphone amp.

Whatever second amp I get for the LRS+ will have to have a lot of power. I need 1 more amp and a small form factor is a huge driver, as is high-power, I am thinking the CODA #8 v3 or the SPL s1200 (never heard this one). Just need to sell the VM-1a to buy the second amp.

@dcpillai

One factor you may wish to to consider when deliberating between various Hegel integrateds: the 390 and 590 are voiced more warmly than the 190. 

Definitely Hegel 390. Lots of praises and many user experience with LRS/+ and Hegel 390. 

lets not lose perspective... the guys at audio excellence canada in their lrs demo room used a last gen entry level hegel h90, which drove them satisfyingly to loud levels, did not shut down or distort... these guys (adrian and vilip) listen *loud*...

https://youtu.be/6evL9n0gcNs

h190 drive bigger maggies very well... nothing wrong with anyone wanting an h390... but need vs want are different things