need advise, which is the weakest link in my audio chain

Hi all, i am new here and this is my first post.

need some opinion and advise, which gear do you think is the weakest link that i should improve/change.

i wish to have sweet sound and detail but not fatiguing

my experience on current setup not really meet my preference  :-

- a bit forward sound 

- sometime may a little dry/harsh sounding when source recording is poor

- lack of sweet top end

pre amp - bryston bp6

power amp - lexicon nt-212 (same as bryston 3bst)

speaker - spendor sp1 

cd player - marantz cd6006

dac - rega dac

tuner - yamaha t1 & sony st-sa5es

sorry for my poor english.

thank you.

128x128nagasakti70

@nagasakti70 just curious how thick are the absorption panels. You mentioned the sound becomes dull when you place the absorbers on the side walls. Also what is the material used in the panels? If it’s foam it would explain the effect. With quality absorption on side walls you should hear more focus and details in the soundstage. So something is off…

I would continue to work on your room.

Looking over your equipment. I would say, given what you have said, Bryson is probably not a good match for your tastes (or mine). While quiet and detailed, they are pretty analytical and the opposite of sweet and musical.

While upgrading your DAC will gain you a lot. I think the first thing you want is to get your central components correct to your tastes (preamp and Amp). I think you would be much happier with a tubed preamp (as high a quality as you can afford)… and a warmer amp… since your speakers are 88db… not tremendously efficient, you will probably have to use a solid state amp (tube would be preferred, but I am guessing a good 60wpc tube amp is not in your budget)… you want a warm amp… things like Krell, Pass, and CJ come to mind… probably above your budget. Some folks hear can probably recommend some lower budget options.

i just upload room photo in picture profile

but still not able to put picture in the forum due to below link was failed to access

(i think it was blocked at my working office) 😅

Create your virtual systems page and upload the photos.

How Do I Create and Edit My Virtual System?