Which inexpensive cd recorder to go for?

After considering for a long while the korg mr1000 and alesis masterlink 9600 as a recorder to transfer my vinyl to, I finally decided to just go with a stand alone cd recorder.
I gave up on using a pc too, too much tech stuff to learn. The korg and alesis too pricey for now.
Which cd reorder brands are reliable?
I plan on going with used off of ebay.
pedrillo
HHB-830 or HHB-835 as they are discontinued,should be able
to find one quite cheap.I've had my 830 for 4-5 yrs.and
no problems.
I can appreciate the learning curve necessary for some upscale or intensive PC ripping/burning applications. However, being near dumb as a stump myself, I'm able to superficially manage EAC. Exact Audio Copy rip & burn software presently.

The results of simply using the defaults have yeilded me copies of CDs which defy my ability to determine which is which... copy or store bought.

I did buy a new burner, (but I needed one anyhow, for )$58 and downloaded the 'free' EAC sopftware. Installed it using the defaults only, and the results far exceed those of any other burning apps I've tried in the past eight years.

I don't know how much a dedicated CD burner runs, new or used. If they're inj the $60 range, it maybe a good thing. If not, I'd strongly recommend the path I took just recently. No question. if you're burner is lightly used, the cost is only the moments to download and install EAC. there'd be no worries about alignment issues of the burner or it's amount of jitter either.

Also I'd be happy to help you as far as I am able to with getting to know the ins and outs of ripping and burning too, if that would help.
Thanks Blindjim,
That's very kind of you.
Could you share with us which burner you bought. And the EAC was downloaded from the disk that came with burner or from the net.
I think I will try this first since it is cheaper and takes all blank disks.
Also what about the dac that is actually adc, where is this found.