Seeking more 3d imaging, deeper/wider soundstage

I'm considering replacing either my amp or my pre. My system is profiled in my system link. Which do you think would improve soundstage/imaging more:
Replace the P3? I'd consider used McCormack, or a passive line stage, but my amp clips at 5v, which is what my DAC puts out when using the XLR outputs, and I'd like to try those someday...not sure a passive is a good fit for my system? Plus I require a remote. That's a deal breaker.
Replace the Rotel RB-1080? I'd consider parasound (a21 is a bit too pricey for me), used McCormack, odyssey, maybe even older krell or classe. I want XLR inputs tho.
Budget is $900-$1200 for either. Music spans the full gamut, excluding hip hop and country. Room is small, 12x12x8. I'm going to throw up some affordable foam acoustic absorption this summer (foam factory). Thnx in advance.
realremo
In what kind of time do you life......keep on dreaming!!
I guess this was directed at me for my recommendation of $1k products from 20+ years ago. And why did I recommend these products? Remember the budget is $900-1200 and these products stood out at the time as the top performers; finding something new today for this cost that can compete here, would be quite a miracle. A low-fi $1k Rotel product will be easily destroyed by any of the products above.

what an amateur!!
Thanks again for you response, but my system as can be seen by all, which has slowly evolved since the mid 1970s, would indicate I am not really an amateur. I clearly don't have the breadth of knowledge of component design such as Atmasphere, Steve Nugent of Empirical, Almarg, or a number of other major contributors here. And I am not a system setup wizard like AlbertPorter, Jadem6, Tbg, or other major contributors here as well. But I feel I am at least in the middle somewhere, thank you.

Bo, before you attack people here, you should do a little research on them first .or you make yourself quite the fool in front of everyone.

One thing that has been bugging me about this thread seems worth pursuing. Realremo- have you tried revearsing the phase on one of your speakers?
Wow, great great catch here. The effect here is very clearly heard that something is wrong when the images are all outside the speaker boundaries rather than within. It's quite a wild and cool sound effect!
Tom, I kind of enjoy waiting for the next pronouncement from Bo....I just sit back amazed that some things are actually considered by some people to be normal behavior. He actually thinks he's being profound in each of his posts although I also point out that there are certain unexplainable things that just occur in nature with no logical explanation. Bo may be single handedly killing the bricks and mortar business model in his homeland. I'll bet if he went back and researched his sales volumes, there would be sales spikes that perfectly correlate with his absence on those days.

I'm sure Bo means well but his abject arrogance ticks me off. Until Bo apoligizes to Atmasphere for Bo's completely idiotic dismissal of Atmasphere's earlier advice in this thread to the original poster, I plan on calling his BS on everything however if he accidentally provides some amazing piece of insight, I will give credit where credit is due. I'm not holding my breath.
Jafox great recommendations for preamps on a budget! You are absolutely right I'm sure many of the vintage tube pres from ARC, CJ maybe even an older CAT would be a great alternative to many of the current budget alternatives. It this turns out to be the issue. Something to consider Realremo. Life is short and any audiophile or music lover should at least TRY some manner of tube product before the inevitable. A vintage tube pre-amp is a no brainer. Almost impossible to lose on and better than ANY of the cheap alternative options within your budget. Oh that Luminescence is a nice piece of gear for sure!