Ethernet opinions

Hello everyone, I finally got my system setup. I had a few setbacks the past few months. My mom had lung cancer and passed away a month ago. It has been a journey getting my system set up which is part of the fun. I am running Pass Labs XP-12, pass 250.8, and Bricasti M3. My original plan was to run the Bricasti with a EERO mesh network since the modem is on the opposite end of the listening space. Needless to say the EERO mesh would not work and Roon could not see my M3. I was on the phone with Bricasti trouble shooting the issue. I removed my M3 from the system and double checked everything with it hard wired to the modem which worked. I was told I could really use any Ethernet for the most part as long as it’s cat 5 or 6. Well, I returned the EERO and got a 25 foot Ethernet cable from Best Buy for 10 dollars. The sound is much better then I was guessing running a 10 dollar cable, for me it’s deff a temp fix. Especially since I bought two audio quest vodka cables. I am using one of them now connecting the room nucleus to the modem at the moment. I have read a bit about blue Jean cables which seem to hold spec. I don’t see me buying a longer Audio quest vodka cable given the cost. In some ways I feel like I spent more then I should have on the Vodka cables at this point. Opinions please ?

shtr74sims

It is immediately obvious and apparent that there is one particular user here who is uninformed about the structure, mechanisms and "building blocks" that comprise the Internet protocols and how these protocols interact with the components in use at the receiving end and I would recommend he acquire, read and study a basic introductory text on digital communications. In particular I reference his remark "invalidates the entire argument that cables or switches can make a difference" as erroneous, misleading and misinformed as has been sufficiently and amply explained by others who have specific, relevant, applicable experience to the matters under discussion.

One problem I often and frequently observe is that those who make such claims, arguments, and assertions have a "feeling" that science and engineering should be "intuitive" but that is not usually the case until you have gained advanced knowledge, skill, and understanding and have combined those particular achievements with actual real world experience.

@shtr74sims 

I have asked the same questions as you over the last two years. Had bought a wifi extender, and then ethernet to my streamer. It was a solution, and an improvement over wifi.

Since have switched to ethernet cable (an existing 15 year old phone cable changed to RJ45).

Bought Triode Wire Labs Freedom ethernet cables. Run from from wall to switch, and then to streamer. Also a Pink Faun LAN Isolator. And a modded switch. All were improvements. Also switches and wifi router powered by Plixir LPS.

I've found Freddy22 has one message, and will argue/derail a thread. No stating his opinion and withdrawing. Continual harassment.

I think this Freddy22 should be allowed and granted sufficient time to reassess his approach which has been revealed as factually flawed and I prefer to leave questions and references to his personality out of the discussion because it is not really relevant to the technical issues that he is struggling to grasp, understand and accept lets please give him a chance. 

Post removed 
Post removed