Single driver speakers without the pitfalls?

In researching SET amps, I have learned a lot more about the sort of high efficiency speakers that they are typically paired with, including single driver models like Omega, Blumenstein, Teresonic, etc.
The advantages of these designs are well acknowledged: coherence, imaging, high-efficiency and so forth.
At the same time, there seem to be equally well acknowledged drawbacks to these designs: Limited bass response, rolled off highs, and a harshness or "shout" in the upper midrange.
Some designers, like Tekton and Zu, seem to take the approach of getting the best of all worlds by joining a wide range driver to a tweeter of some sort. (To some extent, my Reference 3AM De Capo monitors take this approach.)
What I'm curious to learn is whether you think there are any single driver, full range systems that transcend the above limitations.
Eager to hear your thoughts.
rebbi
As I have described in earlier posting, I like fullrange drivers used as wide range drivers in multi-way systems. One of the best for such applications is the old Jensen fieldcoils with the built-in power supplies (e.g. M-10). That driver in an open baffle design, with a super tweeter coming on way on top (only crossover element is a high pass capacitor on the supertweeter) is quite magical and can be played at reasonably high volume.

I recently heard a VERY good, large, open baffle system with a 756 driver and a tweeter. I believe the nominal crossover point was 10k with a 6 db/octave slope. This system had decent frequency balance (light in the deep bass of course, but not as rough and peaky as most single drivers), and had the clear, clean and immediate midrange that is prized by single drive fans. I liked the system, but personally require greater weight for classical orchestral and choral pieces.

I have only heard a few truly full range single driver systems that sounded decent and most of them either had elaborate cabinets and were quite expensive (e.g. Beauhorns), or had breathtakingly expensive drivers (e.g., Feastrix fieldcoil drivers). Even then, for my taste, the immediacy and clarity and microdynamic excellence did not outweight some of the problems with sharp upper midrange peaks and treble peaks (causing raspiness and sibilance), and lack of bass and midbass weight.

Rebbi, if you are inclined to experiment in that area, for decent lower priced drivers look into the Tangband. I have heard a few surprisingly well balanced systems that utilize that driver in both multiway and single driver systems.
I've had my Cain & Cain Abbys for a while. I enjoy the sound with an EL34 amp. Often now, I can hear the xover handoff in some multiple driver speakers. I supplement them with a pair of the Pioneer SW8 (Phil Jones designed) subs connected in parallel. I've looked into Voactiv or other drivers but the cost is too high.
Years ago, I heard a pair of Omegas. I believe it was the Super Alnico Monitors. Anyway, from what I recall, the sound was very nice. Teresonic offers a 30-day trial...with some costs of course.