Good Suggestions for Tube Amps under 6k

I wanted to see if there were any group suggestions for an integrated tube amp or tube / solid-state combo under 10k or, even better, under 6k. Still looking for my final purchase in this part of my system.  Thanks everyone.

gregjacob

@gregjacob ..."specifications of my Daedalus"

Got it, now I understand why others were suggesting an uplift looking at other amps. Yeah, you’re only gonna get so much out of that bone stock PL and your speakers.

You're in SET Triode amp or a lower power quality amp territory now, and with those speakers can be the sweet spot. Next chapter will be fun :) Lots to consider out there. Kinda depends on your typical volume levels you like to listen to as well.

Heck I’d even recommend considering the Quicksilver Mid Monos, 50% triode, pretty sweet for the money with your speakers. I run QS myself. Plan on getting a really good separate linestage/preamp if you don’t go with some higher-end integrated amp again.

With your budget, I'd get the Don Sachs ($3000) custom built version of the VTA SP14 preamp ($1600).   They're both the exact same preamp, but the VTA looks like a home-brew kit.  It is available as a kit and if you feel you'd enjoy the satisfaction of actually building something, that's even less at $1200.

VTA has a monoblock amp pair at 120 watts each, for $3000 fully assembled and tested.  Building the kit version gives you the satisfaction of having built it yourself and saves you a $1000 as well.

decooney and russbutton:

Well guys, both the Don Sachs and the Quicksilver amps look like good paths to take.  And neither kill a budget.  You've given me a lot to think about.  I do agree.  I will probably give up the PL, as is, before going down an uncharted rabbit hole of tube rolling.  I do think the PL is a great amp for some setups. And it does knock the socks off of visitors who don't analyze the finer nuances of music (as some of us do). I think I will move to a different amp solution up ahead.  I must say that I lean toward integrated (in whatever brand) for simplicity but assembling some components isn't out of the question.

just send you gear to me for upgrades. The DAC can be set-up to achieve a much higher level as well as the Prima gear. You'll get much improved sound than buying one component.

Happy Listening

It's amazing we got 2 pages of replies without someone recommending either a Lab12, Line Magnetic, or Leben.

The Lab12 Integre4 MK2 is as good as the review says and is my next amp purchase. IMO probably is the best amp purchase below $10K and even beyond. Very musical with no compromise in PRAT. 

Leben CS600 is a stalwart and gives a perhaps a more romantic presentation. The waiting list for this is very long though unless you can get it used.