Hidden Gems in Classic Rock Albums

Please share songs you love that get overlooked on classic albums that most consider among the best ever--for example, those that regularly appear on the Rolling Stone top 100 list. Last weekend I played "Hotel California" all the way through and was really digging "Try and Love Again". Can't get it out of my head. Oddly, a Randy Meisner tune with great bass guitar and unique bass drum work by Don Henley--pumping it twice rather than once not sure why. There is some really great stabbing guitar lines, awesome rhythm guitar licks and a nice lead guitar. As always, great harmony vocals to boot. A really great song that seems to fly under the radar because it is on an LP that has so many "hits" and really great songs. 

Share yours!

dodgealum

I have three:

The Shape I'm In - The Band

Industrial Disease - Dire Straits

Hotel California - Eagles - Hell Freezes Over

"You Won’t Have to Cry" The Byrds

"I Wanted Everything" The Ramones

"Panic In Detroit" and "Cracked Actor" David Bowie

Cream -- the short, six minute studio version of "Spoonful" What a guitar solo!

Andrew Gold did an album under the name "The Fraternal Order of the All". The name of the album is "Greeting from the Planet Love."  Each song is done in the style of a different band - including The Beatles, Beach Boys, The Byrds. Gold overdubbed all of the vocals and all of the instruments.  Fantastic album (and hard to find).

Ten Years After: A Space in Time has several great tracks and the SQ is surprisingly good for 1971.  Lots of great guitar courtesy of Alvin Lee.

Beach Boys: Holland.   I have no use for side A (except "Sail-on" is good), but Side B...starting with "The Trader" is outstanding. The songs are a departure from the usual Beach Boys sound.

mwinkc

I am partial to Sunflower and Holland, myself.

Happy Listening!