Decware and “The List”

So….this 

128x128eag618

+1 voodoo.    Very brave to face that diagnosis head on with such dignity.   I wish you well Chip.  Hopefully you find the exact amp you are looking for .

Voodoochillin and Oddiofyl....Thank you Gentlemen (or Ladies) for the kind words, much appreciated!

Perhaps some of you might be interested that you can buy the printed circuit board for the original Zen triode and build it yourself. I just did that and it arrived in about a week.
https://www.decware.com/newsite/SE84CDIY.htm

Se84c

there is a very nice set of instructions and a complete parts list and for me it’s priced out to about $500 including the tubes.

I have a good deal of sympathy with Chip. I have leukemia and I'm hoping I will be one of the lucky 33% cured by a bone marrow transplant.* I would have bought a pair of Decware SE84UFO monoblocks recently (to bridge into mono) if it were not for the waiting list. I don't know if I'll be here in a couple of years! So I decided to stick with my Quad II/forty amps and spend the money on repairing my Quad 2905 speakers (the panels are all failing at 12 years old).

I assume Mr Deckert is happy with the income his business makes from his current production capacity, and that there is a risk associated with expansion, especially if demand falls off in the future. That's entirely his business. A year ago I did something unforgivable when it looked like I needed to clear the decks: I sent several tube phono stages, pre-amps and SET monoblocks to the electronics recycling centre. I regret the SET amps more than anything. But now I must learn to endure my punishment for that rash decision!

*Funny thought. 1/3 die from the transplant and complications, 1/3 suffer recurrence and die. The remaining 1/3, the 'winners' - get to die of something else! I used to say to my patients who were smart enough to enjoy the humour, 'beating cancer just means dying of something else!"

@dogberry I wish you well and your post gives a bit more perspective, as we have no idea what is going on in people’s lives beyond this forum.

All the best and may your god be with you. 

Jeff.