Cartridge Advice Please

I would love to hear from others that have traveled the same or a similar path.  

My system is the previous Gen of Audio Research REF gear with the 75SE amp, 5SE preamp and 2SE phonostage with the Rega P10 playing Wilson Sophia 1.  I listen to a lot of rock, R&B, blues, jazz, folk

My previous cartridge of about 2 years was a Benz Micro Wood SM.  I got it new and loved it from the first record.  My current cartridge is the Kiseki Purple Heart which I love even more and also have loved from the beginning.  I got is used with about 200 hours, lol.  So many people listen for 200 hours and then sell.  I am fine with used but have always found that 150-200 hour statistic funny.

It has been about 9 months and I am happy with every other aspect of my system so would like to experiment with a new cartridge.  Here are the ones that didn't work

SoundSmith Sussuro MkII ES - I liked it but with a 0.4mV rating it required my 5SE volume to be around 20 higher than the Purple Heart rated at 0.48mV.  That makes no sense and it caused a buzz to be audible from my speakers between albums/tracks when listening at moderately loud volumes.  Mr. Peter said there was  nothing wrong with it and felt no need for me to send it in so I sold it.

Rega Aphelion 2 - This came used on my P10 and my mind was set on selling to justify the P10 upgrade so not sure I gave it the best chance but it sounded bright to me.  

Rega Apheta 3 - Same deal as above, came on my previous RP10 and also sounded bright.

My initial thoughts are:

Koetsu

Lyra

Higher level Benz

Ortofon

dhite71

I have ART1000, Ortofons Verismo and Anna, amongst others, mounted on Simon Yorke S10.

All are very truthful and have wonderful tonality.  The Anna has a little more authority and dynamics, if you like that, but you need a hi-mass arm to balance out its weight, rather than my Aeroarm.  It is mounted on my SY Zarathustra with Zeta..  Verismo lies between the other two and is my main go-to.

If you want a little more life (not Koetsu life, but more dynamics) then try hi-end van den Huls, of which I have three.

dhite71 If interested, talk to Erik @ Solypsa. He is the US distributor for Aidas - they start at around $4K so maybe a bit more than your budget though. (I went from a Hana ML to Aidas so a big jump in $$$$) - fully detailed in my virtual system.

Erik is very knowledgeable and sets up carts (any brand the customer chooses not just the ones he sells) as part of his services  - he can probably articulate the differences of many of your options - and he is not a pushy sales guy.

@mijostyn - Just checked hifishark and an Eminent EX sold 3 weeks ago in 2 days for $2500!  Just a little late on my inquiry, but will definitely be watching for the next one.  

This Ikeda 9TS cartridge is in your budget. I have a different Ikeda, but this might be good cartridge for you. A softer sound like the Benz, or Gold MSL cartridges.

I see them sold at a discount from Japan. Direct from Japan the 9TT would also be inside your budget, however the output is low at .16mv

http://www.aaudioimports.com/ShowProduct.asp?hProduct=253