Setting up home office

After many years including 3 kids I am now returning to setting up a Soundsystem in my home office. I still have my Kef C15s from my military days so thats how long it has been since I had a sound system. 

Because of my job I spent quite an amount of time on the road and in hotels. So I got an Astell and Kern SP2000. Now that I work more at home I thought I would get a nice set up in my office. I currently have a Luxman DA-250 with two monoblock Luxman M-200 Amps. I am currently using the DAP as my source. That is a future upgrade. So looking at replacing the speakers. The source will be a future upgrade.

I play a wide genre of music from Jean Michelle Jarre, to Jim Crochet, Luciano Pavarotti, John Williams to Queen and Yoyo Ma.

Looking for guidance on suitable matched speakers.

Budget would be around 3k and not be too large for a 12-14 room.

Thanks,

Allan

pakiwial007

For your room and what you’re looking for I’d put the Usher Dancer Mini-X DMD high on the list. Usher flies under the radar in the US but make beautiful and beautiful-sounding speakers and offer very high value. They are one of the few manufacturers who make their own drivers, which probably drives a lot of their high value, and even this lowest model in their Dancer series uses the same diamond tweeter used in their $40k flagship speaker. They image/soundstage with the best and sound very natural and balanced, and with that top diamond tweet you’ll most assuredly hear that triangle waaaaay back in the stage — I know what you’re talking about as I use the William Tell Overature as one of my reference/demo recordings. Read some Usher reviews and you’ll see they get universal praise for their sound, looks, and value — a real hidden gem IMHO. Hope this helps, and best of luck.  Oh, and by the way, thank you so much for your service!!!
https://soundapproach.com/usher-dancer-mini-x-bookshelf-speakers-pair.html

Thanks. I will take a look at the Usher's. I had not heard of them.

I'm glad you got the connection with the William Tell overture. I sat there one night and just imagined the person doing percussion and striking the triangle over and over. It made me laugh 

Allan

If detail is your thing, your 70watt mono's may be a great match with ATC SCM11 bookshelfs. Silk dome tweeter and sealed cabinet, some of the best drivers in the business. You'd need a sub to bring out the best in any bookshelf arrangement. 

Can you have a sub?

I'm using Elac Carina Tower and Totem Sky Towers in rooms slightly smaller than yours, one is home office...

Easy choice. Harbeth P3ESR XDs on stands. You can add subwoofers down the line. My son in law just got a pair and they are killer little loudspeakers in the mold of the old Rogers LS3 5A. It is the best small room loudspeaker I know of. The box is so small it is like having no box at all. This results in a beautiful image. With subwoofers crossed at 100 Hz and the right amplifiers you have the makings of a SOTA system.