wadia 581 My 581 skips and doesn't recognize sacd

Anyone else had a problem with a wadia 581 skipping and not recognizing sacd's. I'm about to throw mine out the window. It's the 581 with plastic remote. Cd's are hot enough to melt. I have the side vents. I clean my cd's religously. Any ideas? i've had a lot of players and transport problems are usually a bad sign. I hope someone has good news.
Thanks
sm2727
I have no problems of any kind, with either CD or SACD, including ability to select between the two on dual layer disks (which was another problem I have heard about on very early models).
And no overheating as well.
Send it to Wadia.
If they cannot fix it, I would ask for a refund. That would be reasonable. For that amount of money, it should be flawless. It is probably an early production problem, and they should support early adopters.

Sorry you are having such bad luck.

Rob
I had the same problem with the 581 although mine did not overheat. Take it back to the dealer/distibutor and get it swapped for a 581se.
Thanks guys. I'm sending it in for the SE upgrade. I'm told that is the magic bullet for these issues. I really love the sound when it works.
Sm2727,
I hope you're not paying for that upgrade. If that's what it takes to cure your units problems then it should be free. You should not have had to put up with those problems in the first place so they should make it right!