Bose 901 VI flat?

I purchased a pair of Bose 901 VI speakers recently and a new Sony STRDH190 receiver.  I have wanted these speakers for years and finally got them.  Problem is, they sound flat and weaker than expected.  I adjusted the bass and treble to my liking but that only helped a little.  I have the Bose EQ that came with the speakers but i'm not using it due to new receiver technology.  Am i doing something wrong? I know these are great speakers with a great history.  

jonicurn

jonicurn - glad you found a way to connect the EQ. Ours we suspended on shelves hanging from the ceiling - they need to be ear-height if I recall and a certain/ideal distance from the rear wall given most of the energy comes from the rear speakers and ports. 

They would swing on their own listening to the 1812 with cannon. 

@jonicurn 

Happy to be on this little journey with you.  It looks like you're reach a good point.  

If you discover you've got another $300-$500 to spend on your system, there are many on this forum that can offer good advice on how to get even more from your 901s.

Enjoy!

If you can hang them from the ceiling 2x2x2' in from the corners you'll get amazing room support for the bass. I loved mine with an sta 235b realistic receiver driving them.

Ok guys, new issue.  Thought about upgrading from the Sony HP 318 since in works but is in pretty rough shape so I came upon a Technics SA-AX720 reciever and wanted to give it a try with my Bose 901s (w EQ).  I looked at the back and and saw Tape Rec out and Play in jacks so i bought it but this didn't work.  So I'm assuming this is not the Tape Monitor Loop i need.  Am i right in thinking it must say "Tape Monitor" or "Pre and Main" not just Tape (rec out) and (play in)?  

Post removed