Dark Horse DAC

Doge Dac 7 MKII is probably not on your radar. Maybe it should be.

(52) Doge 7 Tube DAC Review ! The Best DAC Award šŸ† - YouTube

I took a chance and decided to buy it. Not completely broken in, but alreadyĀ 

performing way beyond expectations. Check out the Doge website and read/watch the reviews. For me this DAC is a game changer. Comments??

brauser

@jl1ny Iā€™m a Schill for Orchard Audio & Galion and donā€™t take myself seriously. Just look at all the crap thatā€™s on my YouTube Channel.

Joey Gā€™s Audio Channel

ā˜® & šŸ’ŒšŸ¤˜

@audioman58: What you call the "Holosprings KTE" is actually the Holo Audio "MAY" KTE dac ("KTE" stands for "Kitsune Tuned Edition," Holo Audioā€™s premium version of their "MAY" R-to-R resistor-ladder dac, which is available in three versions: base-level, mid-tier and KTE).

I own the very-well-built Holo Audio ā€™MAYā€™ KTE dac, which I find to be very musical-sounding - it steers clear of the bright edginess of far too many Sigma-Delta chip-based DACs - it is a serious contender standing right alongside the Denafrips Terminator Plus.

I honestly donā€™t understand this negativity. Ā Here the OP is trying to share his 2k DAC find as maybe a great deal at that price point, but some comments seem to only discourage such sharing:

- itā€™s doesnā€™t compare to more expensive Lampi DACs

- tubes vs SS

- I donā€™t trust the one evaluating it -aka not open to listen to any logical conclusions

Ā 
@brauser
Thanks for sharing. Ā Looks like a winner. Ā Congrats.

Ā 

OP head on over to WBF they will congratulate you and embrace your post.Ā