New release - Shunyata Omega interconnects and speaker cables

Has anyone been able to demo the new Shunyata omega interconnects and/or speaker cables? 

Curious to know what the impressions are. 

searoll923

Glad to hear someone posted something!

I believe all dealers were given a pair of speaker cables and interconnects to demo. The one near me is still breaking them in and I have some prospective arrangements to audition some in my home.

For me, I started with my regular cables (Kimber Kable - Carbon series interconnect and speaker cables), swapped them to MIT Cables (Heritage 2C3D Level 2) and felt that I got a whole new system. Curious to hear how the Shunyatas compare and will probably post my own update in the coming weeks

.......no responses as of this date which does surprise me and could possibly be a telling tale on where the audio world is right now. I hope somebody purchases or listens to these cables as I am still interested in them.  

@searoll923 , is there a new version of Omega?  I have an Omega AES cable in order and am not aware of any new version?

I also have Sigma NR V2 balanced interconnects on order.  This isn’t why I bought these but check out Jay’s Audio Lab’s video comparison adding the Sigma interconnects:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NBuGLB1naqY

Whatever you think of YouTube comparisons this difference is so drastic you can hear it on your phone’s speaker, and far more so with headphones.

Pay attention to the intermittent high hat after 4:35 vs the same high hat after 11:00 or so. 

Omega will sound different than these as these are copper and the Omega balanced interconnects I believe are silver.  Of note the Omega AES cable I have on order is also copper.

@nyev - There are now Omega interconnects and speaker cables. From what I've seen online, they are big. No clue as to what they sound like.

I have an Omega AES cable I use to connect my streamer. If I were to use that as a reference point (compared to AudioQuest WelsSignature, Kimber Orchid), I would say the cable is detailed, balanced, and not overbearing in sound. 

I am looking into Spectral amplification, so I have started to compare with MIT Cables. I must say that the MITs have crazy resolution

Hey searoll923 I will be curious to hear your impression versus the MIT.  I’m currently using MIT EVO level 2 throughout my system.  Have had dozens of MIT over the years, these have been the best fit yet.