New release - Shunyata Omega interconnects and speaker cables

Has anyone been able to demo the new Shunyata omega interconnects and/or speaker cables? 

Curious to know what the impressions are. 

searoll923

Showing 4 responses by searoll923

Glad to hear someone posted something!

I believe all dealers were given a pair of speaker cables and interconnects to demo. The one near me is still breaking them in and I have some prospective arrangements to audition some in my home.

For me, I started with my regular cables (Kimber Kable - Carbon series interconnect and speaker cables), swapped them to MIT Cables (Heritage 2C3D Level 2) and felt that I got a whole new system. Curious to hear how the Shunyatas compare and will probably post my own update in the coming weeks

@nyev - There are now Omega interconnects and speaker cables. From what I've seen online, they are big. No clue as to what they sound like.

I have an Omega AES cable I use to connect my streamer. If I were to use that as a reference point (compared to AudioQuest WelsSignature, Kimber Orchid), I would say the cable is detailed, balanced, and not overbearing in sound. 

I am looking into Spectral amplification, so I have started to compare with MIT Cables. I must say that the MITs have crazy resolution

@pops - I can't speak for the Shunyata Omega speaker cables yet, but I can compare Shunyata Sigma to MIT 2C3D Level 2: Both cable lines are excellent, but I think they go after separate things. 

The Sigma:

-Very open sound, nothing particularly stands out to me, but more or less I think everything is "there" and clean sounding

MIT:

-Explosive! Incredible amounts of detail that I never thought were in music I've listened to since my childhood, also surprising (for me) considering this is analog output. I would have been expecting this from a change on a digital front (e.g. DAC). Brought new life to my system.

To date: I am leaning heavily towards MIT Cabling, even more so as I am looking into Spectral amplification. To my ears, I appreciate and love the details + surgical precision.