How do you find time to enjoy your $$$ speakers and system?

Maybe this topic is more of recommendation and sharing ideas than a question. We invested in our hifi systems for years to get to a place where we appreciate what our systems sound. Now, how do you find time to enjoy listening to music if many of us work long hours and still need to take care of family, errands etc…I don’t remember when was the last time I spent more than 2 hours a week at the most to enjoy the system I spent $$$ to build. How do you find time to enjoy your system?

128x128analoguefan

@curtdr , Like you, I've gotten to where when I'm not listening to something really enjoyable, I just tune my radio to KKJZ (88.1FM) and listen to jazz for most of the day. Life it good if you know what you've got and appreciate it. 👍

All the best,
Nonoise

I think you can work and listen to nuances but true listening time is a couple hours per week for me.

If listening to music through your system helps to alleviate some stress and connect with that part of your soul that find bliss does the amount of time really matter? 

I currently have the luxury of my 2nd system at my desk, so I've got my diy Walsh 2ways' driven by a small Phillips that's clean enough for an office.  Driven with CD or the 'puters.  One is work, the other is on hold.  There's that I listen to while working, various live outdoor concerts in S America, held in remote places, blasting a crowd with house music and firehoses.... Looks like more fun Being There than Here...but, gotta pay to be doing This to at least. *S*

Use the beat & rhythm to drive the day along... ;)

At 72.75, I guess I ought to retire.

FThat, too much to do keeps one on foot, thinking, doing.  Lots of irons in many fires keeps the Light on per Leonard. ;)

One project proposed is to build self a 'studio' of sorts here for my obsessions.
A better space for that which I've amassed, and all the tinketry that it accompanies it....  

Anyway, more later elsewhere. Main system is 'offline' for the moment, and could use 'freshening'...*s*

It’s a great question and one I grapple with. I am retired so have the potential for long hours of listening, but sadly I don’t.  To really enjoy music I need to be alone and as my wife is also retired and we like to spend our days together I rarely have those moments.  As in most UK homes, due to their diminutive size, we don’t have dedicated listening rooms, so the hifi and TV are in the lounge, the only relaxation room in the house, so the chances for time alone listening are sporadic. We occasionally listen together but usually our preferred joint activity is watching films and dvd box sets. So dedicated listening is a few hours a month.  
We have a second great system firing through the dining area to the kitchen - now this gets lots of play whilst cooking!

In college, the music didn’t stop until late into the night.  Every Friday night the local DJ would play Martian Boogie (Brownsville Station).  It was hard for a while after college working in silence at the office.  I have had a stereo system ever since college.  Some years I would listen nearly everyday and some years maybe just a couple of hours a week.  Since retiring and building my dream system, the hour meter on my preamp shows it is powered on 1250 hours/year.  I listen about 3-5 days/week- sometimes in the morning and sometimes in the evening.

Streaming with Qobuz has opened up a whole world of music at my fingertips.  It’s great finding those 60s and 70s songs that I have not heard in years as well as new stuff that I would never get to hear otherwise.  Things are not like back in the day when we discovered new music on the radio.  So I can play my favorite records and CDs or I can explore and find new gems to listen to on Qobuz.