How do you find time to enjoy your $$$ speakers and system?

Maybe this topic is more of recommendation and sharing ideas than a question. We invested in our hifi systems for years to get to a place where we appreciate what our systems sound. Now, how do you find time to enjoy listening to music if many of us work long hours and still need to take care of family, errands etc…I don’t remember when was the last time I spent more than 2 hours a week at the most to enjoy the system I spent $$$ to build. How do you find time to enjoy your system?

128x128analoguefan

It is easy for me. My wife and I do not do anything in the house together. She watch’s all the news a fluff tv that I just walk away from.I set her up with a great tv and comfy chair in our family room. My main system is in basement alone with even better tv. All I watch is sports. Why you ask? I do not need to have any volume from tv to know exactly what is going on. This allows me to enjoy the music almost every night while relaxing for a couple hours. Also don’t forget how to keep the family out of your space. Make it too difficult for them to operate. No universal remote, make it so at minimum they need three or more remotes just to turn tv on. 

With my GF only one week a month. When at my place, she's a rock-'n-roll fool and banshee dancer who's fine with 95+ dB sound levels. So EYHO, gents, and in the next life, take more seriously The Beat song "I Want To Be With A Rock-'n Roll Girl" (who loves Mozart too).

Most either have money or time. Few are fortunate to have both. I find working while listening to be an acceptable compromise. 100% attention listening maybe 2 hours/month.

Very simple for me, I work from home and enjoy my system at least 5 hours a day. This is the perfect ROR.

Time is always limited. I have three different systems in my house. One main system, two secondary and high res earphones setup. Of course, main system has no alternative in SQ, but I love music at the first place and I can listen on any of my systems. It’s always good to feel the difference, it gives you ideas for improvements and lots of flexibility while you not in the listening room.