How do you find time to enjoy your $$$ speakers and system?

Maybe this topic is more of recommendation and sharing ideas than a question. We invested in our hifi systems for years to get to a place where we appreciate what our systems sound. Now, how do you find time to enjoy listening to music if many of us work long hours and still need to take care of family, errands etc…I don’t remember when was the last time I spent more than 2 hours a week at the most to enjoy the system I spent $$$ to build. How do you find time to enjoy your system?

128x128analoguefan

I eat sleep and breathe music. Always have and always will.  I don't look forward to the day I won't be able to listen to Floyd again. I listen on average about 3 hours a day in my main system. I have a dedicated room but also have a system in the den, bedroom, and both garages. Outside also. I'm never without music. I'm retarded so I listen pretty much all day. I don't find the time, I make it.

I turn music on all the time and every where and have 3 (hope to make it 4) systems all in different locations of our home, all with something very special and unique to offer. If I can't listen to one system because my wife is doing something, or doesn't want me listening to music where she's at, I can usually float off and listen to one of my other systems. I actually get excited thinking about which one I'm going to listen to each day.

Wife complains about the volume, I usually just start dancing with our 1 year old son in my arms. A soon as she sees him pumping his little arms and smiling, then we're all dancing and enjoying ourselves and then her frustration eases a bit.

I also dialed in my reference system for specific night time low volume listening. I can get 2-3 hours in at night when the wife is getting ready for bed and or watching TV. I'm actually enjoying low volume listening sessions now more than ever thanks to having a specific tone control setting that accentuates low volume listening.

I have a garage system with listening chair (wife however thinks it's a drafting chair). So if I'm gonna be "working" in the garage for a few hours I can take breaks and sit in what's probably my favorite chair to just appreciate what I'm hearing at that moment.

Lastly, headphones! I absolutely love laying on the couch with my head stretched out and 15 ft cord running across the floor to my headphone amp just listening to album after album. My wife never really complains about that unless she wants me in bed next to her.

I hope to start construction of a dedicated music Listening Room in the next year to where I can once again have a fourth system and then have a truly dedicated space where I can be off of my own and just put in solid listening sessions anytime of day.

Lastly when my wife is working and I happen to have the day off and our son is still heading to the babysitters or her mom's taking him I make it a point to at least have a solid 2-3 hour session where I can just listen to whatever I want as loud as I want. If I get to do that once a month and just blast my music with no one home, it usually fills up the tank for me.

All and all I probably listen to music on a good system 4-6 hours a week. Wish it could be more but counting headphone time I'm definitely over 12 hours a week especially when working. Some days I can listen to my headphones 4 hours at work.

I just turned 68 and I have been building my sound system since I was 20. I'm a woman, I don't understand having to placate females in your life to listen to music. I don't listen to my main system every day but I spend many hours on the weekends in my media room. Even if the television is on the sound is down and music is playing every day. Someone else mentioned books, yes a lot of times I will read and listen to music. It is an important part of my life and always has been, I hope it always is. 

@pheil 

Nice to hear a contribution from a new female member. What kind of system do you listen through?

@pheil 

@roxy54 

Who cares what her system is, I want to know if she's single and likes younger

men (66)..........😉🤣🤣