Oxidation on surface of cable under clear jacket

Wondered if anyone has had this problem.  I have a pair of “Oval” cables I was going to reintroduce into my system.  They’re 15 years old.  I noticed that green oxidation had formed over a length of the cable under the clear jacket.  Since there is shrink tubing over the spade connector, so I can’t tell if the oxidation has reached the connector.  Problem is the manufacturer’s warranty was over many years ago.  They weren’t inexpensive. Seems others have had the same issue.  I guess I’ll give them a call to see what can be done, but I’m not optimistic.  I do have another manufacturer’s cables I can use if this can’t be remedied.. Your thoughts?

deanrk

"Oval", is ot Analysis Plus cables?

A little DIY is needed. You can cut the affected area and put another spade or same one if it is with screw terminal. Normally gold plated connectors do not oxidize but you can check it.

I would do all four of them.

petg60 Thanks for the quick reply.  Yes Analysis Plus Oval 9.  Kind of disappointed that they weren’t sealed from the elements. And if I can’t repair them they get tossed.  In the meantime, I have a pair of Kimber Kables I can use

I was considering Oval 9's several years ago, was going to buy used. but almost every picture I saw had exactly what you describe, a greenish color on the cable. Deal breaker for me....

This must be a common problem for uninsulated copper mesh cables.  Looking at other manufacturers sites and most guarantee their cables for life. But they have “coated” wires.