Fee for home audition

I am in the market for a music server/streamer. I was discussing with one of the authorized dealers for a streamer. He had a demo unit and was willing to bring to my home for an hour and let me try. He is located around 10-15 minutes from my home. He wants to charge 5% for home demo. Is this the industry standard? I am not meaning to disparage anyone so not going to name the dealer. I am just trying to see what the standard practice is. 

svenjosh

Rip off....  I can think of 4 dealers in close proximity that will let you demo gear at home for no fee.   I wish I knew what dealer you are talking about so I can avoid at all costs.

I once worked for a company that offered free weekend equipment loans to good customers, but charged for in-home demos. The charge was a flat fee, not some percentage of the the equipment price, and the fee helped to cover some of the cost for the time to pack up the gear and deliver it, as well as the petrol. And the consultant, who was often tied up with a single client for several hours, had to be compensated.

@svenjosh 

If you really want to hear MU1, call every single dealer here and ask for home demo. Go with a dealer who offers in-home demo with only shipping out of your pocket. 

Seems like you should be able to get enough in store with a streamer. I get "in home" for speakers and some other pieces that may be affected by room acoustics. That being said; charging you a fee, even for an "in home demo? Ridiculous. Dealers I've dealt with over the years have more class than that.