Multiple inputs on DAC

I have a Shiit Bifrost DAC. It has multiple inputs for optical, RCA. Ect. It seems it auto scans for an active source and selects it. I thought about connecting my Innuos player to the Bifrost via RCA. However, the Blusound 2i streamer is always on. I wonder if this DAC is meant for only one input device?

Can I connect both inputs live and manually select the Innous? Or will that configuration blow the DAC or amp?

Will I need to purchase another separate DAC for the innuous? The innuous is lacking low end bass with the built in DAC. Playing the same music on each device, the player is better on mid and highs, the streamer gets bass all the way down. Thank you  PCR

128x128pcrhkr

Thank you very much jeffseight and soix for the kind reply.

I have  not been able to figure out how to make the built in streamer in the Zen Mini Mk III to work with Deezer. The sound quality and selection of music, the interface I would hate to lose. The Bluesound is good enough for my 65 yr old ears, which are pretty good, just not as discriminating as many on this forum. Deezer has been the challenge but they are tight on their code .

I will try that USB idea. I am still learning about Digital music devices and all the options. I am a computer guy about a year t retire so I am used to learning on the fly.

Thank you again very much! PCR

Do a free trial of Qobuz.  Not the best interface I’ll admit, but it’s not bad and, at least for me, the higher level of sound quality along with a ton of hi-res material available makes it more than worth it.  Most people here prefer Qobuz for the same reason, and I don’t recall anyone using Deezer in a good system, but I could be wrong. Hey, it’s free to try Qobuz so why not?  Just my $0.02 FWIW. 

The Schiit Bifrost DAC is designed to accept multiple inputs and automatically select the active source. So, it is possible to connect both the Innuos player and the Bluesound 2i streamer to the DAC at the same time. You can then manually select the Innuos player by pressing the corresponding input button on the DAC.

However, if you have concerns about overloading the DAC or amp, you should refer to the user manual or contact the manufacturer for guidance on the maximum input signal levels that the device can handle. Generally, modern DACs are designed to handle a wide range of input signal levels, so it is unlikely that connecting both devices will damage the DAC or the amp.

Regarding your low-end bass issue, it is possible that the built-in DAC of the Innuos player is not providing enough amplification for the low-frequency range. In this case, you could consider using a separate DAC with a stronger output or an integrated amplifier that has a built-in DAC. Alternatively, you could try adjusting the EQ settings on the Innuos player to boost the low-frequency range.

Jonnieloop - Update, i did as you suggested, purchased a good quality Usb cable and ran it from the innous mini mk III to the shiit bifrost. Wow! What an incredible improvement in sound, realism, depth, detail and even separation. The bass went from not there on the low end to majestic!  Thank you for opening  a whole new world in music reproduction with excitement and realism. Thank you very much!

The Schiit Bifrost DAC is designed to handle multiple input sources, so it should be safe to connect both your Innuos player and Bluesound 2i streamer to it at the same time. The DAC should automatically detect which input is active and switch to it. If you want to manually select the Innuos player, you can do so by using the input selector switch on the front panel of the Bifrost.

As for the sound quality differences between the Innuos player and Bluesound 2i streamer, it's possible that the built-in DAC in the Innuos player is not as good as the one in the Bluesound 2i. If you prefer the sound of the Bluesound for bass, you could consider using a separate DAC with the Innuos player to improve the low-end performance. However, this may not be necessary if you're happy with the overall sound of the Innuos player and just looking for more bass. You could try adjusting the EQ settings on the Innuos player to boost the bass frequencies and see if that helps.