Tubes or Solid State?

I'm looking to replace my solid state Musical Fidelity M2si integrated amplifier that I've been using as a preamp with a dedicated preamp. I have been considering tube line stages from Maple Tree, and, Van Alstine and the LSA Hyperdrive Preamp/Headphone amp. I am also looking at the SPL Elector MK2 which is solid state and a bit more money.
The tubes are supposed to be warmer and the SPL is supposed to be absolutely dead quiet. 
Thanks

dierksb

@bigkidz I have three MF units plus a DAC, do you mean the M2si?
I am more than happy with my Audiolab CDT/V-90 DAC combo. It's a big improvement over my Cambridge Topaz Unit.
There was an SPL Elector for sale here for $1850.00 And a Phonitor Pre/Headphone amp for $1500, both are tempting.Neither are tubes. It certainly is intriguing given the dynamic range and signal to noise ratio specs. It's even the right color too!
@henry53 I'm not looking to replace my solid state power amp. I'm looking for a tube pre amplifier only. I'm not about to go down the rabbit hole of tube power amps. No thank you.

Definitely look into the Linear Tube Audio MZ2 that is not only a great tube preamp but also an outstanding headphone amp.  Even with the optional remote control and upgraded Linear Power Supply (that is really not optional as it ups the performance significantly) it’s right near your price target at $2160, and the tubes last forever.  Best of luck. 
https://www.lineartubeaudio.com/products/mz2mz2-s

@soix thanks man, I followed the link you shared. I now know what the ZOTL means. Interesting piece of equipment I must say. A cheapskate like me just might lurk and by one used. I've seen the name but had no idea they were so highly regarded..

I suggest you try an ARC pre-amp.  If  you can't afford a new one, try a used one.  My SP6B is superb and will last a lifetime.  I got it used for under $800.00.

If you have a local dealer, see if he or she can help you demo something from ARC in your system. 

Remember, your ROOM is the most important variable in your system.  Your dealer may be able to help you with this as well.  If not, many on here can provide some advice.

Cheers!