Subwoofer Choice

I am in the process of building out my system. I have the end goal in mind, and ticking off the equipment as I get them. I do need some advice in the subwoofer category.

I am currently driving Monitor Audio Silver 500s with a Michi X5 integrated amp (600w @ 4Ohms RMS). This is way overkill for these speakers. But my purchase (coming in August) will be the Focal Sopra No. 3s.

That being said, I am looking also to add a subwoofer and I’ve settled between two (2) REL T/9x’s or one (1) REL S/510. T/9X is $1,249 vs S/510 at $2,749.

There is a REL youtube video from their chief designer comparing (briefly) the two and actually stating that "just because one S/510 costs twice as much as 2 T/9x don’t think you can equate them with 2 vs 1". I paraphrased a bit.

But the below is only 3min long please watch and let me know!

What are your thoughts. Obviously 2 subs are better balanced than 1, I get that. But given the specs here am I better at buying up for the better 10"?

Listening room is carpet, 16’ x 24’. 384sqft. 8ft ceilings. What info did I leave out?

bound4h

I have one (1) SB SVS 2000Pro about six feet behind me and once you get it set, it’s definitely worth the money. The software is the key.

Ok, the resounding consensus seems to be that SVS is on par if not more deeper and cleaner bass for the money.  I am going to go with Dual SVS SB3000s.  It's within my budget and still cheaper than 1 REL S/510.  Perhaps the REL 10" driver is quicker and better timed, but the SVS's +/-3dB at 18Hz and the fact I can get TWO seems to be a no-brainer.  Especially at $2,099.  

Does it accept high level inputs?  Someone said SVS does, or is that just the Pro series?  I can't seem to find it in the specs.

Just pick up 2 of the HSU VTF-2 MK5 subs for around $1,500.00 and you be be set or go up to the VTF-3 MK5 HP for about $500.00 more.

VTF-3 MK5 HP Subwoofer

It looks like only the 1000 Pro series has speaker level inputs. The Michi has subwoofer outs for dual subs. Each output is mono with the left and right signal summed.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure the SB1000 is the only one that accepts speaker-level inputs (never really understood why that is), but I think you can only take advantage of the SVS integration software using line-level inputs so don’t discount that as it’s significant.