Some famous reviewers have atrocious listening rooms!

It’s almost sad, really.  Some reviewers I’ve been reading for decades, when showing their rigs on YouTube, have absolutely horrible rooms.  Weird shaped; too small w/o acoustic treatment; crap all over the place within the room or around the speakers; and on and on.  

Had I known about the listening rooms they use to review gear in the past, I would not have placed such a value on what they were writing.  I think reviewers should not just list the equipment they used in a given review, but be required to show their listening rooms, as well.

Turns out my listening room isn’t so bad, after all.  

128x128audiodwebe

Not everyone is lucky enough to have a wife (or partner) who will allow an audio system to be a centerpiece in their home, with the space and comfort to enjoy music. I think many of the reviewers mentioned could have a better space to listen to music but would probably end up sleeping on the couch. 

What you might find of much more interest or “ entertainment “, have a look see at the rooms TOP mastering people use….. My hero is Joe and all the work he does for Blue Note / Tone Poet…..

There are others…….

Enjoy the music

I recently watched a video on reviewing loudspeakers. In it an elaborate test of different listener groups reliability was conducted. Trained Listeners were by far the most reliable. Next, a group of Audio Retailers. Professional Audio Reviewers were third, but with about one-fifth the reliability of the Trained Listeners.

‘The study was done so that the participants had to rank various speakers. Those listeners that were more reliable more consistently ranked the speakers. So they didn’t rank speaker A high one minute, then ranked it low later on.

Professional Audio Reviewers might have skills independent of listening skills.