Some famous reviewers have atrocious listening rooms!

It’s almost sad, really.  Some reviewers I’ve been reading for decades, when showing their rigs on YouTube, have absolutely horrible rooms.  Weird shaped; too small w/o acoustic treatment; crap all over the place within the room or around the speakers; and on and on.  

Had I known about the listening rooms they use to review gear in the past, I would not have placed such a value on what they were writing.  I think reviewers should not just list the equipment they used in a given review, but be required to show their listening rooms, as well.

Turns out my listening room isn’t so bad, after all.  

128x128audiodwebe
Post removed 

@jayctoy - once you hear Fremer's set-up then you know exactly what he hears with his system and basically what he describes is what he actually hears.

BUT otherwise the cat is out of the bag.  AND if you actually notice, none of the speakers are actually set-up correctly.  That also is the issue when you go to a dealer or at a show.  Even the manufacturers do not know how to correctly set up their speakers.

Happy Listening.

Fremer is a really good example.  He spent $2m+ (at retail, he never pays retail) on his system and $$$$$ on his power supply but listens in a small cave full of LPs and equipment.

Get your priorities right Mikey, especially now you're playing for the opposition.

Listening rooms are the hardest thing to get right. Anyone with mucho dinero can buy wonderfully expensive equipment. However, very few can have the dedication required to build a proper listening room. What a waste...

Darko always seems to have a nice listening space IMO. It's never cluttered. His new apartment in Portugal is getting a nice room treatment.