Unscrupulous ebay buyers

Beware if you sell on ebay. I’m probably stating something most already know, but anyhow, I listed a brand new cartridge there which was bought and shipped on time. Buyer receives It, opens it and installs it. He proceeds to play his records. He then messages me that the cartridge has muddy bass and poor channel separation. I advise him to check all alignment parameters, but he insists cartridge is defective, I highly doubt it. I do not accept returns as stated in the listing. He proceeds to pack it up, taking a photo, and states "on the way!"...I again told him that I do not accept returns for a cartridge that is now used...also said that just because you bought something you have never listened to and you are displeased with its sound or performance, does not give him the right to demand I accept a return. I reported him to ebay, as in my opinion he is pulling a fast one. He could very likely have damaged it while installing it. It was brand new pristine condition upon shipping it. I am standing my ground and will not accept a return. If it shows up at my door, too bad. At this point, I can care less if I receive negative feedback, it would be my first. Worse buyer I’ve encountered in 20 years of selling. Man I hate ebay. Honestly, to me it sounds like buyer remorse, not a defective cartridge, plus I am not the manufacturer....he can pound sand.

128x128audioguy85

If the buyer bypasses the eBay return process - and sends the item back to you *without* invoking a formal return - I don't believe you're under any formal obligation to make a refund:  It's not an "official" return and, hence, not subject to eBay intervention.  Basically, if they don't follow the exact return process (via eBay), they're on their own.  eBay is likely to tell them as much.

BTW 

What cartridge did u sell him ?

Maybe someone here might be interested if you have to refund the money ?

@tds3371 yes, I believe that is what he did. He claims ebay told him to return it, which is untrue. I received a message from Ebay indicating that buyer requested a return.  Ebay gave me the option to accept or decline the return. I elected to decline it. I have not heard from Ebay since. It is he that sent a picture to me of the cartridge all boxed up with his own return label. He said in quotes " on the way!"....meaning im returning it no matter what...so i informed him in bold, there are no returns....and i said that i woukd not accept the package and would return it back to him. We shall see i guess.....

#TDS3371

If the guy files a claim with his CC company he can bypass EBAY and Paypal. You dont have to fret about any decisions from EBAY/PAYPAL cause you almost always win with your CC company.  If you dont....change your Credit Card.  Nobody has power over your CC company

@audioguy85 

Sorry for the sitch you find yourself in.

You earlier stated that the buyer thought the cartridge "too warm".  My bet is on the SO who "How much did that f'ing cost! @#(*$##@$(@!. And then too warm turned into too HOT.

I know this was of no help to you....just a thought.

Regards,

barts