LOUDEST Concert and Tinnitus

This is a two part question.

1. What is the loudest concert (or event) that you have attended?

2. How long have you had tinnitus, is it getting better or worse and how are you dealing with it?

Personally, the loudest concert was UB40 at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver. Loudest event was drag racing at SIR (Seattle International Raceway) which was like sticking your head in a jet engine.

Regarding tinnitus. Over the past year or so I have noticed a constant high pitched "sound" in my ears. Mostly the left ear. At this point I don't actually know if it is constant or whether I just forget about it sometimes. I know use a white noise box when I go to sleep. Otherwise I tend to fixate on the ringing.

128x128tony1954

Rory Gallagher in '78.  My hearing was crap for a week.  I worked in the music distribution business and would get comped show tickets all the time.  But I learned early on right after Rory to just stuff some tissue in my ears.  I ended up with a mild case of tinnitus after standing and watching a pile driving machine pound in a huge support.  I was about 50 feet away.  Stood there 10 minutes.  It comes and goes but the day after, I thought something was way wrong.  It's barely even noticeable most days.

Frank Zappa at an old skating rink in Honolulu was the loudest for me. Now I can’t tell the difference between 320kbps and wav!

Ringing for a week, and other subjectives have been replaced with an iPhone.
And the Etymotic ear plugs are like $15 (USD), so there are not a lot of excuses…

If they worked out a way to power the phone through the microphone I could have charged the battery.

This was at the Margaret Cort Arena in Melbourne on Feb 19th.

+1 for AC/DC (Joe Louis Arena, 1988 or '89)

+1 for The Who (Pontiac Silverdome, 1980ish).

Kiss, Cobo Arena (1977)

@sejodiren 

Was lucky to see Rory three times back in the '70's and each one was magic.

Don't remember him being that loud, but there's a long list of things I don't remember from those days.