More Bass

I recently purchase a pair of Legacy Signature speakers from an on-line retailer. I purchased them unheard, but I did my due diligence in researching them and I would have thought with the 7" woofers and a rated frequency response of 22-30K hz, there would have been a bit more bass (although there is a couple of tunes I have played where there is some bass that is really deep and sounds all garbled, very weird, but I just won’t listen to those songs,I guess).

I bought floor standers so I wouldn’t have to deal with the hassle that goes along with setting up subwoofers, also with all the space they take up and the negative WAF that goes along with them.

They are a little bright on the top end, but I’ll blame that on my room, it probably needs more treating, just limited on funds at the moment.

If I thought I needed subwoofers, I'm thinking I might have bought a pair of Fritz bookshelfs and a pair of subs, for probably less than the Sigs.

The price of Legacy subs is over the top for me, so do you think there is any way to get more bass without subs or are there any subs that are a bit smaller, that might do the trick as I am pretty limited on space (and funds as previously mentioned!) Thanks

128x128navyachts

Sealed vs ported plus room setup acoustics probably hold the key. The manufacturer can help you with room/speaker setup and ported vs sealed expectation.

For me, subwoofer setup was in itself instructive, because I wanted bass without noticing the addition, except when doing an A/B. If I were use to booming, less tight bass my requirements might have differed. Also, integration of subwoofers is likely easier with your floor standing speakers vs smaller speakers. I realize that exceptions exist, so you do have the option to add subs in the future. My speakers have a 3dB down point similar to your speakers and my RELs were easy to integrate once I treated the room.

+1 on speaker break in time. Also you might consider measuring your room with REW. It’s free and would help you evaluate your room. Good luck !

Guessing you’ll be advised by Legacy to give them some time. One option may be to aim them facing each other, connect out of phase and play some bass heavy content non stop for a few days at a reasonable volume. Hopefully in that manner the process won’t be too intrusive. 

@dadork 

Thanks for that information.  I won't be needing the Octobass as there is no musical signal down there.

You might try it on the 60s and 70s EMI LPs of recordings at the Kingsway Hall London, where the trains running on the subway below can be heard rumbling.  Some carts give a reasonable level signal that low; eg Ortofon claims 20Hz for the Anna at only -1.5dB (I wonder....).  If that's right there may be some output at 16Hz but you are getting very close to the resonance zone, so make sure you're no just listening to resonance.  Anyway, if it all works, you will get a very accurate impression of a subway train, if that's your bag.