The new Borresen M1's...a new direction?

The new stand mount speaker from Borresen, called the M1’s, look very interesting. They are utilizing a 4.5" mid/bass driver and a ribbon tweeter. The bass response is stated to go down to 40hz, which for a 4.5" driver is impressive.

The technology employed in the speaker is also somewhat novel, yet it also comes at a cost.

That cost is $100K. or in Europe 94K Eu.

Question is, how many other speaker designers will be producing a stand mount two way with a 4.5" bass/mid driver and now contemplating a price point in the $100-$200K range?

Another question, how many of these M1’s would be expected to sell? And to whom?

128x128daveyf

@steve59 Somehow, I do not think you will be seeing a used pair of M1’s showing up anytime soon. If they did, i seriously doubt they would sell for 10% of retail.

Nonetheless, what you say about the club is true, IME. In some ways, this makes it better for the rest of us, because these very same folk can afford to dump great gear at far lower prices.

dump great gear at far lower prices.

Lower price yes, but is it a good price?  It is like those discount stores that say 50% off MSRP, except the MSRP is inflated and not a single unit was ever sold at that price.

thespeakerdude

Anyway, all expensive and cheap speakers’ sounds in the world are ear hurting veiled and inducing Tinnitus. Only my Antero speakers are a safe from Tinnitus.

"I work in professional market speakers. I would never ever make such a false claim, especially something health related. Only way your speakers are going to prevent Tinnitus is if they do not play loud."

We hear harsh un-natural sounds from cell phones, TVs, churches, concert halls, radios, etc. They all harm our ears always. So, I decide not to mention about Tinnitus because there is no complete cure. WT sound only relaxes listeners’ ears. Not cure. I had constant severe ear ringing before. Since I completed the WT sound my ear ringing is much reduced and doesn’t bother me at all.

A’ Junkie (YT id.) recorded both below videos. ***WT video was 9 months ago and WT sound is complete now. Only my WT sound is without veil. All other audio systems sound veiled and un-natural. Alex/Wavetouch

@sro -- you have a beautiful system! I, too, recently became addicted to Aavik. I have the Aavik U-280 integrated with built-in DAC and the S-280 streamer. These are phenomenal performers. I have gone through a number of tube and SS components but the new line of integrated amps from Aavik is just in another league.

How are you liking the Ansuz components? I have their BNC cable (P series) which is very good. I'm thinking of trying their power distributor and network switch in the coming months. Let me know what you think of these. Thanks.

Alex,

so the harsh unnatural sound from my cellphone is somehow vanished when I hear a video on said cell phone of your magical speakers? Not helping you sell speakers dude. It’s just not.