Is my Esoteric DV-50S a keeper?

Just wanting to share my thoughts to my audiogon members. I'm thinking about selling my DV-50S player to purchase a Power conditioner(which I don't have) and another CD player for the same amount of money I get from the Esoteric (around 3,000 bucks). Currently I'm using the Esoteric for CD/SACD only, no video at all. My system currently consists of ....

Esoteric DV-50S
Pass Labs X150.5 amp
Pass Aleph P pre-amp
Audes Blues Speakers
Analysis Plus interconnects and speaker cables
NO power Conditioning
2 20A dedicated circuits with oyaide SWO XXX outlets

So my question is can I get another CD player that will compare in sound with my current player and also purchase a Power conditioner for the money I get from the Esoteric DV-50S. Just wanted to add I'm very happy with my current system. Money is very tight right now. I thought a power conditioner was important to protect my system. I was leaning towards Audio Magic conditioners. (suggestions anyone?) Now for the CD/SACD player. Basically one with comparable sound as the Esoteric.
Thanks Ziggy
ziggy333a

jafant

Thanks for help! I can buy DV-50 from the first owner for 1250USD. 

So I don´t know...

I acquired my DV-50s from Arthur Salvatore (it was the "low" priced digital source in his reference system). He shipped it in it’s original factory carton, and though the player perfectly survived the trip, the carton and internal Styrofoam blocks barely did (the blocks arrived pretty much destroyed, broken into small pieces). The DV-50s weighs 46 lbs!

If you buy one that needs to be shipped, insist the seller double box it in a very substantial carton, with a lot of thick padding.

franta4768

I paid $1250 for my DV-50 player, well-cared condition. I concur with bdp24, if the Player must ship, at least double box. It is a BEAST! Keep me posted on your buying decision.

Happy Listening!

bdp24

If you spot a Remote Control for the DV-50 / 50s, let me know. Mine is cracked on top. Still works, still cracked.

Happy Listening!