AUDIO SCIENCE REVIEW and $50 to spend.........

i found this website....

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?reviews/

looks like the guy who does the reviews plays with a pink panther figurine all the time... its a okay movie...but i dont like it too much. the reviews are so hard to figure out. i am lost for words and not totally understanding what i am reading. basically it seems like he does not like most of the audio products.

can i get AMAZING sound quality for only $50 ? my bank told me i cant make any withdrawals...my wife took control. now she is not talking to me. and she locked my bedroom drawer with a little more cash. but i have $50 so i can buy something online for my JVC earbuds...i have the JVC Gumy PLUS. the sound quality is premium but i want more. i am thinking of a DIVORCE. if my wife is not going to CHANGE!!

can someone help me find a good value audio product. i need some help. also the audio store told me "do not return" i dont know what is wrong with them. i said they were not very helpful. then the MANAGER said how can I HELP YOU?? i said...i have a team of audiophiles already helping me...you guys...

please help. thank you.i am so greatful.

128x128digitalviper

You're a good guy Prof. I by the way have no conviction that my view is correct. It is only a viewpoint. I actually no longer believe that tube amps are superior to solid state, only different. I also have come to believe that vinyl is objectively 
AND subjectively inferior to digital in MY system. As to cables, I wish you could hear the impact that different S/PDIF cables between my Aurender W20 and SW1X DAC III B have on the sound. The differences are stark. Not quite as obvious but close is the difference in sound quality between various XLR cables between my ARC Ref 6 and two true-balanced ARC amps, a Ref 150 SE and Ref 80S. 

Something you mention that is a conceptual non-starter for me is blind testing. As subjective as this hobby is, there is no escaping human behavior and human limitations. Listening impressions take time. Time is anathema to blind testing. We humans can remember a particular feeling or impression but it is not reliably repeatable. With the benefit of time we can gain an average perception and that is all. This is the other side of the coin for so-called blind testing. "Sure you don't appreciate a difference-you did not have enough time to perceive it". 

It is certainly ironic that certain cable manufacturers insist on doing ABX testing to prove their wares. More times than not the "test" is rigged. 

I find many of the ASR measurements interesting and useful to a point.  In no way do measurements tell the entire story.  Amir has documented his personal system audio costing in the 6 figure ball park. He and the faithful followers regularly berate anyone spending anywhere near that level as an audiophool taken in by snake oil.  

A very recent review of an active speaker ($10K per pair) heaped glowing praise.  Amir drove a single sample to ear splitting levels and found no problems.  Almost all the measurements were quite good.  However, the waterfall graph showed numerous resonances, yet Amir loved the sound quality.  So, were the resonances not audible or did they contribute to a sound quality Amir liked?

I find it remarkable that some posters are incapable of taking @prof  seriously. His views are well-founded, typically well articulated, and as balanced as anyone's could be, especially on contentious topics. He also has relevant professional experience. 

Feel free to argue the substance of his posts, but ad hominem attacks reveal much more about the poster, than the intended target.

@whipsaw 

Much appreciated.

Unfortunately this is a type of discussion, like abortion, religion, politics, where many have dug their heals in and are easily triggered by an opposing view.  The reaction is to get emotional and defensive and ad hominem sometimes, rather than just address the arguments.