Name 3 songs where audio quality and song quality completely align

Lately I’ve found myself alternating between music I love (but sounds mediocre) and music I don’t know well or only like (but sounds incredible).

Occasionally, I stumble across a track where the song could both serve as a great show off piece for my gear and I love the music.

If you can, name up to 3 songs where the audio and song quality take you over the moon with pleasure.

128x128hilde45

"Roads to Moscow" Al Stewart

"I Robot" Alan Parsons Project

"Faithless Love" Linda Ronstadt

"Alone Again (Naturally)" Gilbert O'Sullivan

"Rocket Man" Elton John

"Crazy" Patsy Cline

"River" (or any of a dozen other songs) Joni Mitchell

Not audiophile pressings, just came to mind,

Suzan Vega - Rusted pipe

ELP - From the beginning

David Sylvian - When the poets dream of angels

Great answers.

I want to add an oddity -- I love Steely Dan. But many of their albums -- including the ones which are supposed to sound amazing -- are very bright, full of glare, harsh. And no, it’s not just because they’re digital. It has to do, I suspect, with *early* digital processes.

There are some points at which they got markedly better -- for example, Fagen’s Kamakiriad is much better than The Nightfly, Two Against Nature is much better than Gaucho. Aja is ok, but given that these were albums playing in nearly every hifi shop back in the day, I’m surprised at how hard (some) can be to listen to on a good system.

On the PLUS side: Andrew Bird's The Mysterious Production of Eggs fires from both barrels for me.

I'll just go pop rock here --

Michael Jackson -- Thriller

Roy Orbison -- Pretty Woman

Beach Boys -- The Girls on the Beach

Depending upon my minute-by-minute attitude, mood etc., an incalculable number of the tracks on my 18TB hard drive would be applicable. It is as impossible to pick just 3-tracks, as it is meaningless to try.  It would be like trying to predict what each of my listening sessions would start or end with, let alone predict what I would play in between.