Discuss The Viv Lab Rigid Arm

I am trying to do my due diligence about this arm. I am just having a hard time getting my head around this idea of zero overhang and no offset. Does this arm really work the way it is reported to do?

neonknight

@intactaudio : Your doubt but not Löfgren, Baerwald or Stevenson in their respective A and B alignments.

" and not understanding its relationship to the discussion at hand serves little good. "

Obviously speaking by your self understanding.

Btw, Löfgren certainly not " suggest " HE STATED/SPECIFIED it in that formula that comes from HIM.

Can you understand that HIM?

R.

@rauliruegas 

then please kindly explain to @dover how to use the null point formula you presented to set the two null points for the arm with zero offset.

dave

Dear @intactaudio : want to give you an example of two Löfgren A calculations where even that the EL of the tonearms is different an even that in both the overhag ( obviously ) is different the null points in both tonearms have the same value ( you can check in any net calculator by your self . IEC standard. EL/overhang are two of the parameters you mentioned in your posts:

EL 250mm.: overhang 16.5mm. null points: 66mm and 120.89mm.

EL 305mm: overhang 13.37mm same null points.

Obviously that the off-set angle is different too in both tonearms.

R.

@rauliruegas 

for some reason you introduced this particular tangent in response to me simply mentioning in order to get two null points both overhang and offset are required.

In this thread on feb 14 you wrote:

Anyway, for me the VIV/underhung issue is exhausted and at least for me useless to follow.

yet you still are active providing a distraction to the topic at hand.  Next can we expect you to explain how the circumference of a circle divided by 2X its radius will always equal 3.1415?  It does not matter what the diameter is, it can be 10mm or 32 miles, Pi will be the answer. 

dave

@rsf507 Right, I meant after adiusting the counterweights, I always return the arm to its rest before taking a measurement. Then I know the armtube is centered in the fluid bath.