Discuss The Viv Lab Rigid Arm

I am trying to do my due diligence about this arm. I am just having a hard time getting my head around this idea of zero overhang and no offset. Does this arm really work the way it is reported to do?

neonknight

@intactaudio : " was about the requirement of both overhang and offset to get two null points. Without overhang which requires an effective length to calculate the two null points cannot exist. "

That could be for you but not for Löfgren him self that was who specified that formula, it was not me and certainly not you but LÖFGREN.

As a fact to calculate overhang the most inner/outer values are necessary in the Löfgren A . Effective length is necessary for the overhang calculation but not for null points calculations. Again it’s not me but Löfgren in his A alignment.

R.

@rauliruegas 

specifying a formula and not understanding its relationship to the discussion at hand serves little good.  I doubt Løfgren would suggest it possible to get two null points without the addition of overhang no matter how much you point him to his math.

dave

@intactaudio : Your doubt but not Löfgren, Baerwald or Stevenson in their respective A and B alignments.

" and not understanding its relationship to the discussion at hand serves little good. "

Obviously speaking by your self understanding.

Btw, Löfgren certainly not " suggest " HE STATED/SPECIFIED it in that formula that comes from HIM.

Can you understand that HIM?

R.

@rauliruegas 

then please kindly explain to @dover how to use the null point formula you presented to set the two null points for the arm with zero offset.

dave

Dear @intactaudio : want to give you an example of two Löfgren A calculations where even that the EL of the tonearms is different an even that in both the overhag ( obviously ) is different the null points in both tonearms have the same value ( you can check in any net calculator by your self . IEC standard. EL/overhang are two of the parameters you mentioned in your posts:

EL 250mm.: overhang 16.5mm. null points: 66mm and 120.89mm.

EL 305mm: overhang 13.37mm same null points.

Obviously that the off-set angle is different too in both tonearms.

R.