My opinion;

Rap, a.k.a. hip-hop,has to be the hardest to listen to of all the genres.Subject matter consists of violence, procuring drugs,and degrading women.I'm thinking many members are on board with this. Am I right or wrong?

rockysantoro

Listen to what you like. But at least make an effort not to wage war with your common wall neighbors.

@czarivey You would have gone stark raving bonkers if you'd hung out with my buddies in the 1970's..  I'll always like them personally, but as far as I know their musical tastes were sealed in cement at that unfortunate moment in pop history.

I think a lot of hifi enthusiasts have it out for rap specifically because their systems melt down trying to deliver the bass in a lot of rap music. Just my opinion regarding rap hate posters here. It is what it is ie music. Some relate others not. Cheers!

My opinion: watching white men heroes in movies shooting everything is sight and seducing women is hard to watch. (You know: James Bond.)

It reflects very badly and perhaps even helps understand why the world is in such a mess. 

Perhaps you feel that way, too, since you also don't like these elements in rap.

So why make it racial by slamming the music?

@mapman The biggest issue in HEA is the sound quality(SQ)of the recording. Hip/Hop or Rap in general is a poorly recorded genre of music with boosted mid/upper bass. To claim(a lot) of Audiophiles avoid Hip/Hop due to a systems bass limitation is absurd. A vintage JVC Kaboom box or a Cerwin Vega with a couple of cheap subwoofers is not what most of us on Audiogon are after.