My opinion;

Rap, a.k.a. hip-hop,has to be the hardest to listen to of all the genres.Subject matter consists of violence, procuring drugs,and degrading women.I'm thinking many members are on board with this. Am I right or wrong?

rockysantoro

Wow, straight outta the barrel.

Not my fav music, but the 80’s stuff was lifestyle, poverty, police, bangin, etc etc. 

can handle some, my one roomy at military school played a lot of bdp productions,..and other stuff.  Lyrics were pretty good. Now this newer rap is pure pus,!

each their own, I do love the house and trance 80’s stuff, the dance club techno

if you were on the dance floor, guaranteed to get a ride, the womens love house/techno  , plus the constant hard driving beat was always good for something

buys angry man a pint of the black stuff 

Went a lot of raves in early mid 80’s and early 90’s, between metal shows.

the 200 bpm techno was wicked

Listen to what you like. But at least make an effort not to wage war with your common wall neighbors.

@czarivey You would have gone stark raving bonkers if you'd hung out with my buddies in the 1970's..  I'll always like them personally, but as far as I know their musical tastes were sealed in cement at that unfortunate moment in pop history.