AUDIO SCIENCE REVIEW and $50 to spend.........

i found this website....

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?reviews/

looks like the guy who does the reviews plays with a pink panther figurine all the time... its a okay movie...but i dont like it too much. the reviews are so hard to figure out. i am lost for words and not totally understanding what i am reading. basically it seems like he does not like most of the audio products.

can i get AMAZING sound quality for only $50 ? my bank told me i cant make any withdrawals...my wife took control. now she is not talking to me. and she locked my bedroom drawer with a little more cash. but i have $50 so i can buy something online for my JVC earbuds...i have the JVC Gumy PLUS. the sound quality is premium but i want more. i am thinking of a DIVORCE. if my wife is not going to CHANGE!!

can someone help me find a good value audio product. i need some help. also the audio store told me "do not return" i dont know what is wrong with them. i said they were not very helpful. then the MANAGER said how can I HELP YOU?? i said...i have a team of audiophiles already helping me...you guys...

please help. thank you.i am so greatful.

128x128digitalviper

Exactly. Also, many amplifiers that don’t measure well can sound great.

My two sets of amplifiers don’t measure well, and sound great.

Same here. My CJ tube amps don’t measure great but I defend their use on ASR quite often.

Like I said, any forum has things we agree or disagree with, so it’s up to the individual to find value. If you can sift some value, there’s no reason to toss the whole forum out as worthless. But if someone doesn’t find any value, obviously it’s not a forum for them.

Just remember, your ears are the most important measurement. I mean isn’t that what this hobby is all about?

ozzy

Well, yes and no.

Ultimately it’s what we hear that counts. The subjective experience. But since our ears are attached to a brain that interprets reality, they are not infallible and we can both not hear things that are there, and hear things that are not there. That’s why instrumentation can be valuable. (As can be controlling for biases in listening tests, when desired).

Ultimately it’s what we hear that counts. The subjective experience. But since our ears are attached to a brain that interprets reality, they are not infallible and we can both not hear things that are there, and hear things that are not there. That’s why instrumentation can be valuable. (As can be controlling for biases in listening tests, when desired).

So then, if we are not infallible, is the instrumentation and controlling for biases in listening tests infallible? Nope.

Our ears are the most objective tool we have...

Read about: Sensitivity of Human Ear etc.

@ozzy  right.

@prof

The "subjective measurer" has their own confirmation bias to deal with.  They measure what they think will agree with their own bias.

So then, if we are not infallible, is the instrumentation and controlling for biases in listening tests infallible? Nope.

That's a strawman.  It's not simply that our ears are infallible - it's the specific ways our perception is fallible. Instruments can both detect things we can not hear (or see), and also detect things we can hear, but more reliably.   Nobody has to claim objective measurements are "infallible" in order to point out that they are in many ways more reliable (and more sensitive) than our hearing.  Why do you think humans invent measurement tools in the first place?  To extend beyond the power of our limited senses, as well as to gain more reliable results.

Our ears are the most objective tool we have...

It would hard to come up with a more "wrong" statement than that...

Again, you seem to be ignoring that our hearing isn't merely our "ears" but is ultimately an interpretive process via our brain. 

Also: ever had your hearing tested?  You will in all likelihood have variations in your frequency response, and of course your hearing will drop off well before you can hear what the tool is actually playing.  Tools really can play, and detect, things your hearing can not.