Upgrade Cables or Just Upgrade Equipment & Live in Shame?

I have a perfectly adequate hodgepodge of cables.

Basically a dog from each town.

Kimber 8T speaker cables

Mismatched length Transparent Audio I/Cs. DAC to Integrated

Basic Shunyata Ethernet cable. DAC to Streamer

Cable company Ethernet lines from Router to Streamer-Yes the ones from Comcast, Cox, Infinity etc-Amir says they are lovely BTW.

GR Research Power Cable + Assorted Pangea A9s

Some Chinese Fiber from TV to DAC.

StraightWire Digital- DVD to DAC

The only thing I have two of are the Pangea Power Cables!

Believe it or not I am pretty happy with the sound overall.

I use SolidSteel Tables and Dynaudio Stands + assorted room treatments.

Gear list just so you have a complete picture:

Pass Labs INT25

John "Fritz" Heilor Carerra 7 BE standmount Speakers

REL 5Ti Subwoofer

Innuos Zen Mk 3 Streamer/Burner/Storer

ANK 4.1x DAC

Balanced Power Transformer

Uptone Audio EtherRegen

If I avoid going the "Cable Envy" route I would instead buy 3 more subs

to have an array

What say ye???

Anyone with a system analysis ??

128x128jeffseight

I'm a big believer in good cables, but getting the bass correct is more important.

Also, if you find listening to cable changes boring you're already in trouble on that front. What kind of cables were they using in the systems you enjoyed?

Of course good cables will change the sound Jeff it’s up to you to experiment on cables. Good cables makes a difference.Some of the posters here are not Cable believer. This hobby will require to do your homework to learn. When you read our post it’s up to you to discern which one is right or wrong.Reading Agon post especially on cables topic it’s like between Good and Evil.

jeffseight,

Getting subs dialed into the room is more than just getting the phase right. There are anomalies in every room, and it is nice to be able to tune the subs to your room, i.e., smoothing out peaks and dips. That’s when they will sound the best.

If you read my history on the gon, I am a very big believer in cables and what they can add to the enjoyment of this hobby. But I don’t think you are yet ready for that trip.

ozzy

What kind of cables were they using in the systems you enjoyed?

Irrelevant.

Cables interface hardware. Without the same hardware in the same room with the same program, all bets are off.

Jeff before I settle for 3 subs , I read audiokinesis SWARM sub system. It’s very interesting to learn, I did not pursue the swarm because I don’t have room for the extra amp to run the system, plus I don’t want to spend that much.I end up buying the pioneer modified reviewed by Teajay in addition to my Wharfedale sub. It took awhile before I was able to familiarize how they react with each other in my room.Now I can adjust the bass I want from every sub that will work for the music and my room.This hobby is a journey go for it.