STREAMER

Does a after market power cable make a difference on a streamer like lumin U2 mini or U1 mini

jasbirnandra

Yesterday I replaced the cord for my Lumin T2 with one on those stupidly cheap (non knockoff!) 5N OCC pure silver PCs from Aliexpress.  Think it was ~$60 for a 1.5m length. Low and behold, this new silver PC sounds different.  It sounds more immediate and quick and with a bit more treble extension.  It's kind of impressive actually.  Makes me wonder how far it can go, or if I've already hit diminishing returns.  Of course my brain might just be playing tricks on me, but I'm rolling with it, and the sounds seems to be staying constant.  Pretty impressive bias I'd say!  I'd say try it and give it a shot, with a good return policy (or cheap price) you have little to lose.

Everything makes a difference, but as soix mentioned, a separate linear power supply is another way to go. In my experience it very likely will be more beneficial than just a PC upgrade.

The linear power supply on my Node 2i reduced the noise floor and it sounds better. Like going from LCD to OLED TV. Things "pop" more.

Honestly I didn’t hear any difference between $850 Cardas power cable and $350 Cardas power cable on my Lumin D2, but I was using those cables with Sbooster power supply. Probably, using them with onboard PS will make some audible difference.