I got around $2000 to play with....

Wife has allowed me to spend around $2000 on speakers, CDP, and amp for our new house.

Details:

Medium sized room, mostly jazz, classical, and some old soul (I like the warm rich sound of my stax and atlantic cds).
I want to stick with solid-state for now. Will consider used for amp and CDP, but would like to get speakers new.

Here is what I am thinking from other research

Music Hall 25.2 amp and cdp ($550 each)
Monitor Audio RS6s ($1100)

What else would y'all recommend I look at?

Thanks!
martyw
Post removed 
A friend recently purchased the Onkyo pair (9555 and 7555) and she's driving a pair of Paradigm Studio 100s and it really is quite a nice rig. Reasonably detailed, very musical, plenty of power; I like it quite a lot. I've heard quite a few more expensive systems that sound a lot worse.

Both the amp and CDP took time to play in so give them a hundred hours or so before you listen too critically. The CDP has a few adjustments that lets you tailor the sound some, which is nice.

I have not heard the 2910.
be sure to check out Totem speakers! There are nice pair of Model 1s here right now... even the smallish Arro towers have excellent sound for the money. You could always add a small/fast sub later to round out teh low end. Have fun!