I got around $2000 to play with....

Wife has allowed me to spend around $2000 on speakers, CDP, and amp for our new house.

Details:

Medium sized room, mostly jazz, classical, and some old soul (I like the warm rich sound of my stax and atlantic cds).
I want to stick with solid-state for now. Will consider used for amp and CDP, but would like to get speakers new.

Here is what I am thinking from other research

Music Hall 25.2 amp and cdp ($550 each)
Monitor Audio RS6s ($1100)

What else would y'all recommend I look at?

Thanks!
martyw

Showing 5 responses by martyw

Thanks, I'm looking to keep this as simple as possible - just an integrated for now. Sources will be CDs as I don't have any records.

Thanks for any advice!
Thanks - just a little daunted about shipping speakers.

Any thoughts on Creek Audio's cheaper components - perhaps the A50 or the 5350? I can only afford them if I get them used. Would they work well with the MA 6s if I go that route?

Should I also be looking at cambridge audio, NAD, or Marantz? Again - this is for mostly jazz, world (African, Argentinian, Brazilian), classical, and rarely pop.

Thanks!
Thanks all for the tips. Why the Onkyo over the MH? Are the components better? What type of difference would I hear in the sound?
One other question - assuming I go with the Onkyo 9555 amp, how do you all feel about pairing that with the Music Hall cd 25.2 or should I match it with the Onkyo cd player 7555?