New Synergistic Master Fuse

New From VH Audio,

Synergistic Master Fuse cost $595.00

I'll stick with Orange Fuses.

128x128cincyjim

@Carlsbad

That makes sense to me if you can afford to replace the amp. Do you re-solder the AC input receptacle to bypass the whole fuse receptacle? 

I feel like I'm about to turn to the dark side of the force. 

Halz

I’m a bit curious as it sounds like these fuses are meant to be used in tandem with the less expensive but more "musical" Purple and Orange fuses. I can understand this, in a few components I found Purple to be absolutely tubby and midrange saturated. On the other hand, I have tried QSA fuses that were very high resolution and dynamics, but totally lacking in fullness, texture, and bass. I imagine these might be similar, pushing the envelope technically, but relying on other fuses to make the sound musical/listenable, and easy to overdo with more than one.

I’m less inclined to think of these as a cash grab than being stuck at a fork where they aren’t able to put all the attributes they want in a single fuse, but they can make an overpoweringly technical fuse specifically for upstream components.

As much as people complain, I’ve used 3k power cords that have an equivalent or lesser effect than an SR fuse. Unfortunately, I think QSA did realize this and cranked up their prices to closer match other power products.

Always buy the most expensive fuse that SR dishes up every couple of years as although they do nothing (except some previous versions I tested extensively did blow as they were rated improperly), the higher price does increase your expectation bias and thus the imagined improvement. Especially when fuse direction is tested...you know you can hear the difference because you know you’re Special, and although fancy fuses have been rejected by the vast majority of audiophiles and manufacturers (and really, what the hell does Nelson Pass know anyway?) you feel better...and people respect you (maybe)...you’re smart and a little more sensitive...you do get a 30 day trial period to return them, possibly casting doubt on your Specialness, and hey...you don’t want that.

Question:

How can a fuse be directional if it is built identical on both ends?