Proof of improvements in audio system sound quality....

i was at a audio store yesterday with my wife. she was very unhappy to be there...

but i told her to stay because of course we are in love. she said she would help me with choosing a audio system on valentines day. but she did not keep her promise.

we had to leave the store early since she had to cook dinner.

so why am i telling you guys this?

its all because i got real expert opinions from a sales person at that audio store.

it was about my last topic ---- tweaks with audio systems

i believe for some time, i have believed that @mahgister was getting great sound quality. 

sure it looks messy, but never judge a book by the cover.... right?

so i asked the sales person about it and he said that the sound quality would be very bad...also he explained the copper tape blocks and other stuff would be bad for music and reduce the clarity of the sound. the sales guy said that @mahgister was crazy. actually i think i get premium sound quality with my earbuds and smartphone...so why build a system anyway?? i think the sales guy at the store is right. 

so what do you guys think is right?? i am lost for words and in complete confusion of my of state in my mind at the moment. i need someone to help explain how to make a less expensive system sound better, truthfully. with no lies at all.

- viper

128x128digitalviper

If your wife had to put up with that nonsense at the audio store, she deserved a great dinner at a restaurant afterwards.  That was your first mistake!

I had my wife clean the gutters on Valentine’s Day.  Don’t judge. I held the ladder. 

Very few audio store salesman that I have talked to know anything except how to sell any piece of audio gear to make a dime. That goes for most audio magazine reviewers. These guys have terrible rooms that they review equipment in and everything they review is the best they ever heard.
A’gon used to be good for knowledgeable people to discuss audio equipment, room design, synergy, tweaks, and more, but that has totally disappeared. Now you have people thinking they are knowledgeable/experts in this field when they have a couple hundred/couple thousand dollars invested in equipment. That’s like going to a person that owns a suburu and asking for his advice on a Bugatti. When I was shopping to spend $60k-$100k on audio equipment, my wife was involved, either by joining me at dealers or going to audio shows around the country. Just like my wife and I always went together looking at new homes, expensive sports cars, and boats. Nothing wrong with that, and I value her opinion.

@p05129 

So according to you, if someone doesn't spend 60-100k, they aren't knowledgeable? That's elitist nonsense, and it seems like you used your post to be a braggart. That's embarrassing.