MBL 101e mk 2 Speaker Owners?

I may be acquiring a used pair of the MBL 101e Mark 2 speakers and am wondering what other members here use as an amp to drive them? This is other than the MBL amps.
128x128stereo5
I have MBL 111b speakers which are also fairly hard to drive. Have tried a few different amps and settled on the MBL 9007s. Hands down the best. Stick with MBL. Get the biggest pair of mono Amps you can afford.
I really don't have any more money to throw into the system, so changing the amp to MBL amps won't happen. I am getting the speakers for free, so if they don't sound good with my system, they will go back to the owners son.
Currently using a Gryphon Antilean Signature amplifier to drive the MBL's and I'm extremely happy. Fantastic sound stage, low frequency control and wonderful "tube like" mid and highs. I have listened to MBL amplifiers driving these great speakers but prefer the Gryphon.
I couldn't get the MBL's to sound good in my room so I gave them back to my friend. Still hungry for speakers, I purchased a pair of Golden Ear Triton Ones and am very happy. I have heard Gryphon before and always came away impressed. How large is your room that the MBL's are in? I tried them in my 16 by 18 living room. The sound was extremely compromised.
The big MBLs require a special larger room to sound their best. I've heard them sound that way at a dealers optimized for mbl showroom and then heard the same setup sound just average or worse at a show.

There are other omnidirectional or wide dispersion design speakers that should work better in most rooms. The good news is that they will likely not set you back nearly as much financially as mbl also.